Team check in and team package pickup will take place on the second floor, in Room 207. New this year! The OVA will be offering a team check in the night prior to day one of competition. Avoid long lines and potentially being late for your first match by checking in the day before!
Team check in will take place on the following days:
|15UG/14UB||Thursday April 5th||6:00-9:00PM|
|Friday April 6th||7:00AM-4:00PM|
|12UG/17UG||Thursday April 12th||6:00-9:00PM|
|Friday April 13th||7:00AM-4:00PM|
|Saturday April 14th||7:00AM to 10:00AM||12U Girls teams only|
|14UG/15UB/17UB||Wednesday April 18th||6:00-9:00PM|
|Thursday April 19th||7:00AM-4:00PM|
|13UG/12UB/13UB/16UB||Saturday April 21st||2:00-6:00PM||Playoffs of event 3 will be in effect during the same period. Come watch medal matches while at RIM checking in!|
|Sunday April 22nd||7:00AM-4:00PM|
|16UG/18UG/18UB||Thursday April 26th||6:00-9:00PM|
|Friday April 27th||7:00AM-4:00PM|
- All Coaches of teams must check in prior to their first match
- Any team that does not check in prior to their first match is subject to a fine of $150. The team will not be allowed to participate until the team is fully checked in and the fine is paid
- Any matches completed prior to checking in will be recorded as forfeited
Only individuals on the official team roster can check in their team (example: head coach, assistant coach, etc.) and pick up their team package. The team package includes all weekend accreditation badges (required for team coaches, players, and team staff to gain access to the court areas), tournament schedules, coupons, giveaways, etc. Awards of Excellence medals will be handed out to coaches in the 12-16U age classes at coach check in and will not be included in the Team bag.
COACH CHECK IN DUTIES
The Head Coach/Team representative completing check in will be required to perform the following duties at check in:
- Show proof of age of all athletes at check-in, via government issued ID. Originals are not required.
- Provide the Head Coach’s NCCP Card or NCCP number
- Remove all team personnel and players from the official roster who are not participating in the event.
- Sign off on the roster confirming its accuracy for the duration of the competition
- Provide written acknowledgement that the team understands and must compete at Ontario Championships as per the following:
- 2018 OVA OC’s Team Handbook
- 2017-18 Youth Competition Manual
- 2017-18 Volleyball Canada rulebook
- OVA Code of Conduct
NCCP COACH CARDS AND PROOF OF CERTIFICATION
All coaches MUST provide proof of their NCCP coaching certification status to check in at the event. Failure to provide either card will result in a $100 fine (as per OVA coaching certification policy). Please note, this fine must be paid prior to the first match played at RIM Park in 2018. Accepted payment types on site are VISA, MasterCard, cheque or cash.
To print out a copy of your NCCP transcript, please visit the Coaching Association of Canada, The Locker
PROOF OF AGE DOCUMENTS
Government issued ID (birth certificate, driver’s license, passport, status card, etc.) must be presented for all players. We recommend coaches not have the original documents. Photocopies and electronic copies are recommended. The players themselves are not required at check-in.
At team check in coaches will receive an Official Roster. This roster is to be used for the duration of the tournament and the Head Coach must have this on them at all times for verification by tournament officials. Although the NRS allows for a maximum of twelve (12) team personnel, only four (4) of these individuals can be on the scoresheet and/or on the bench for any given match.