From Mark Dykstra – Commissioner, community services at City of Waterloo:
On behalf of the City of Waterloo, it is a pleasure to welcome you to the 2018 Ontario Volleyball Championships hosted at RIM Park Manulife Sportsplex. Our staff have been working hard to ensure a successful tournament and we hope these parking tips will help make your trip run smoothly.
Enclosed is a map of the event area. It highlights the facility entrance, designated parking areas and shuttle service locations. When planning your trip, please be advised of the following:
- Your only entrance to the facility is from Millennium Boulevard
- Quick drop-off/pick-up is permitted at the front of Manulife Sportsplex
- Park in designated parking areas only
- Additional parking is available in three (3) gravel parking lots – free shuttle service is available from these lots. Check EVENTS on the OVAchamps app for hours of operation.
- Accessible parking spaces are available in the front and back of the facility
Several bylaw and security staff will be onsite to guide drivers to the appropriate parking areas. Please follow these rules to avoid getting a ticket:
- Do not park in fire routes
- Do not park on any grassy areas or on marked no-parking lines
- Do not park in an accessible parking space if you do not have a permit
- Do not park in the quick drop-off/pick-up area
As you know, this is a huge tournament with thousands of people scheduled to be onsite. We strongly encourage you to plan ahead, use the free shuttle service and follow the parking rules to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. In addition, we recommend that teams car pool from their hotels to cut down on the number of vehicles at the facility.